The most important part of a successful Kickstarter video.
It’s not the fancy equipment or the production value to have a successful Kickstarter videos in 2023. It’s the ability to connect with your audience and get them invested in your project. With the rise of crowdfunding, there are more and more projects competing for attention on platforms like Kickstarter. That’s why it’s crucial to make sure your video stands out and captures the attention of potential supporters.
To help you create a winning Kickstarter campaign video, we’ve compiled 9 vital tips to keep in mind for 2023:
1. Keep the video length short and sweet. Attention spans are short, so aim for a video that’s no longer than 3 minutes.
2. Start with a strong hook. Grab the viewer’s attention from the beginning and make them want to keep watching.
3. Tell a story. People connect with stories, not simple video, so use your video to tell the story of your project and its impact.
4. Show, don’t tell. Use visuals to demonstrate your product or project in action, rather than just talking about it.
5. Be authentic. Don’t try to be something you’re not. Be genuine and let your passion for your project shine through.
6. Use music wisely. Music can set the tone for your video, so choose something that complements the mood you’re trying to convey.
7. Include a call to action. Make sure to tell viewers what you want them to do next, whether it’s to pledge or share your project.
8. Make it shareable. Create a short video, that people will want to share
Should you, the creator, appear in your Kickstarter video?
Consider including yourself in the crowdfunding video. Seeing the face behind the project can help build trust and connections with potential supporters.
By following these tips, you’ll be on your way to creating a compelling Kickstarter video that captures the attention of potential supporters and inspires them to invest in your project. Remember, it’s not just about the fancy equipment or the production value – it’s about connecting with your audience and sharing your passion for your project. So, go ahead and create the great video now that will make your project stand out on Kickstarter and bring your vision to life!
What is a good completion percentage for a Kickstarter campaign?
There’s no set completion percentage that guarantees a success rate for a Kickstarter video. However, it’s essential to keep in mind that attention spans are short, and viewers may lose interest if the video is too long, lacks a clear message, or fails to engage them emotionally. It’s best to aim for a video that’s no longer than 3 minutes and follows the tips mentioned above to create a powerful and compelling message that resonates with your audience. Ultimately, the full success rate of your Kickstarter campaign depends on various factors, including the quality of your video, the strength of your project, and your ability to connect with potential supporters.
What thumbnail should I use for my Kickstarter video?
Choosing the right thumbnail for your Kickstarter video is crucial. It’s the first thing people see when they come across your project, and it can make or break their decision to click and watch. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right thumbnail for your video:
1. Choose a high-quality image.
Make sure the thumbnail is clear, crisp, and visually appealing.
2. Use an image that accurately represents your project.
The thumbnail should give potential supporters an idea of what your project is about and an idea of what they can expect to see in the video.
3. Include text or graphics if possible.
Adding text or graphics to your thumbnail can help make it more eye-catching and informative.
4. Avoid using clickbait.
Don’t use misleading or sensationalized images to try to get people to click on your video. It’s not only dishonest, but it can also turn people off from your project.
By following these tips, you can create a thumbnail that attracts potential backers, accurately represents your project, and encourages people to watch your video and support your campaign.
How do you hook people early on?
The first few seconds of your Kickstarter video are crucial in capturing the attention of your potential backers. Here are some tips to help you hook people early on:
1. Start with a strong opening. Use a powerful statement, an emotional appeal, or a striking visual to grab the viewer’s attention right away.
2. Keep it short and sweet. Remember, attention spans are short, so make sure your opening is no longer than 10-15 seconds.
3. Introduce yourself and your project. Give viewers a brief overview of what your project is about and why it matters.
4. Show, don’t tell. Use visuals to help tell your story and demonstrate the impact your project will have.
By hooking people early on, you can keep them engaged and interested in your project throughout the rest of your Kickstarter video, ultimately increasing the chances of them becoming a backer.
How long should a Successful Kickstarter video be?
When it comes to the length, less is often more. While there is no set rule, most successful crowdfunding videos that are between 2-4 minutes long. Here’s why:
1. Attention spans are short. People are more likely to watch a shorter video all the way through than a longer one.
2. Keep it focused. By limiting the length of your video, you can focus on the most important aspects of your project and avoid rambling or going off-topic.
3. Respect your potential backers’ time. Keep in mind that people may be browsing multiple campaigns, so you want to make sure your video doesn’t take up too much of their time.
Ultimately, the goal of your Kickstarter campaign is to inspire people to support your project. By keeping it short and focused, you can increase the chances of them watching your entire video and becoming a backer.
Other Kickstarter video tips
Now that you know the importance of hooking people early on and keeping your video concise, here are some additional key tips for creating successful Kickstarter videos:
1. Show your passion. Let your enthusiasm for your project shine through in your video. People are more likely to support a project that the creator is truly passionate about.
2. Be authentic. Don’t try to be something you’re not. Be honest and genuine in your video, and it will be more relatable to viewers.
3. Use music wisely. Music can help set the tone for your video but be sure to choose something that fits the mood of humorous video and doesn’t distract from the message you’re trying to convey.
4. Include a call to action. Be sure to ask viewers to back your project and include a link to your Kickstarter campaign page.
By following these tips, you can create many successful videos that are engaging, inspiring, and ultimately leads to the success of your campaign. So get out there and start creating a killer Kickstarter video!
How to work with the comments section
Once your Kickstarter campaign is live, you can expect to receive comments from potential backer backers. It’s important to engage with these comments and answer any questions they may have. Here are some tips for working with the comments section.
1. Respond promptly. When someone leaves a comment, try to respond as soon as possible. This shows that you are engaged and interested in your backers’ opinions.
2. Be courteous. Even if someone leaves a negative comment, it’s important to respond in a respectful and professional manner. Remember, your responses are public and can be seen by anyone.
3. Address concerns. If someone expresses a concern or asks a question, be sure to address it in your response. This can help alleviate any doubts potential backers may have.
4. Use the comments to your advantage. The comments section on crowdfunding videos can also be a great way to get feedback on your project. Pay attention to what people are saying and use their feedback to improve your crowdfunding campaign.
By engaging with your potential backers in the comments section, you can build a community around your project and increase your chances of success. So don’t be afraid to jump in and start a conversation!
How can I make a professional-looking Kickstarter video on a budget?
Are you planning to kickstarter campaign video or launch a Kickstarter campaign, but you’re worried about the high costs of producing a professional-looking video? Don’t worry, you don’t have to break the bank to create engaging, fun and persuasive Kickstarter videos. Here are some tips to help you make a professional-looking video on a budget:
1. Plan your video:
Before you start shooting your video, make sure that you have a clear idea of what you want to convey to your potential funders. Create a script, and plan the visuals background music that will accompany it. This will help you save time and money during the filming process.
2. Use a quality camera:
You don’t need to invest in an expensive camera to create a professional-looking video. Many smartphones have high-quality cameras that can produce great footage. Alternatively, you can borrow or rent a camera from a friend or a local production company.
3. Choose the right location:
The right location can make all the difference in your video. Choose a location that is relevant to your project and visually appealing. A cluttered or poorly lit location can detract from the message you’re trying to convey.
4. Keep it short and sweet:
The attention span of potential funders is limited, so keep your video short and to the point. Aim for a video that is between 2 and 3 minutes long.
5. Hire professional kickstarter producers:
Adding visuals and graphics to your video can help break up the monotony of talking heads and keep your viewer engaged.
How can I promote my Kickstarter videos to reach a wider audience?
Congratulations on creating a Kickstarter campaign! Your video is the most powerful tool you have to attract potential funders, and it’s essential to promote it to reach a wider audience. Here are some tips to help you get the word out:
1. Share your video on social media platforms:
Social media is an excellent way to promote your Kickstarter videos. Share it on your personal and business social media pages. Encourage your followers to share the video, too. You can also use paid promotions on social media to reach your target audience.
2. Reach out to bloggers and influencers:
Search for bloggers and influencers in your niche and reach out to them. Ask them to share your video with their followers. In return, you can offer them a preview of your product or service.
3. Join Facebook groups:
Join Facebook groups related to your niche and share your video with the group. You can also ask the group members to share your video with their followers.
4. Utilize your email list:
Send a newsletter to your email list with a link to your Kickstarter videos. Encourage your subscribers to share it with their friends and family.
5. Create a press release:
Write a press release about your Kickstarter campaign and send it to relevant news outlets. You can also create a media kit with your video, images, and other information about your crowdfunding campaign.
6. Use Google Ads:
Use Google Ads to target keywords related to your niche. This way, when someone searches for those keywords, your ad will appear
Invest time, effort, and funds in creating a high-quality, compelling video that tells your story and showcases your product’s features. Keep it short, visually engaging, and authentic to connect with your audience and inspire them to back your project. With these tips in mind, you can create successful Kickstarter videos that stand out and helps make your project a reality!